Avatar

House of Cards

@houseofcardsnetflix / houseofcardsnetflix.tumblr.com

All things House of Cards.

If and when House of Cards returns to Netflix, it will be without Kevin Spacey.

Friday evening, the streaming platform officially announced plans to cut ties with the Golden Globe winner amid an ever-growing list of sexual misconduct accusations.

“Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey,” a Netflix spokesperson said in a statement. “We will continue to work with MRC during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show. We have also decided we will not be moving forward with the release of the film Gore, which was in post-production, starring and produced by Kevin Spacey.”

More to come…

(What took you so long? And a Friday night dump?)

Anonymous asked:

It's so sad that things are tried in the court of twitter instead of in the court of law. A simple accusation is all that it takes to ruin a man's career. We simply do not know that it is true or not. First off, what the hell was a child doing at an adult party where drinking was going on? Where were his parents? Or is this a case like Michael Jackson, where the parents pimped the kids out for fame and fortune? Or was it something else entirely. We don't know. But there goes Kevin's career. Sad.

I'm sorry anon, but I'll have to disagree with you.While I want to see the conclusion to a show I really enjoyed and I still think Kevin Spacey is an amazing actor, he has been accused of this and I can totally understand where Netflix is coming from stopping the production for some time before deciding what to do next.Also, I'm really not into the victim blaming that your ask is full of, regardless of where Rapp's parents were, the fact that Spacey invited a minor to a party with whatever intent he had was troubling.Also, Netflix stopping the production is a smart move on their part because with stories like this, there's usually a pattern, there's usually more than one victim so it might be worth waiting to see if more accusers come forward. There's plenty of rumours about Spacey's behaviour on HoC set so Netflix might want to talk to the crew and everyone involved first.Spacey's apology was also pretty terrible, using his sexuality to detract from Rapp's accusation. I don't know, I feel like I'm rambling now, so I'll stop, but basically I don't think that what is happening to Spacey is all that unfair considering years and years of rumours about his questionable behaviour, I know rumours are rumours but if they're that persistent, might be some truth to that. Mostly I feel bad for crew and other people involved in the production if the show who might lose paychecks because of this.

Netflix and Media Rights Capital announced Tuesday that production on House of Cards Season 6 has been suspended “until further notice.”
In a joint statement, the streaming service and production company said they “decided to suspend production… to give us time to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew.”
Source: BuzzFeed
The final run of House of Cards, which stars Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright as ruthless and ambitious beltway couple, will debut its last 13 episodes in 2018. Executive producers Melissa James Gibson and Frank Pugliese, who replaced exiting creator Beau Willimon last year, are both expected to return as co-showrunners. Official word on its conclusion, which has been in the works since the summer, comes at a problematic time for Spacey. 
You are using an unsupported browser and things might not work as intended. Please make sure you're using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge.